Discover how to:
- Create UIs with unique layouts, controls, and gesture support
- Manage databinding with the Model View ViewModel pattern
- Build apps that target Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7
- Use built-in sensors, including the accelerometer and camera
- Consume web services and connect to social media apps
- Share code across Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 apps
- Build and deploy company hub apps for the enterprise
- Start developing games using Direct3D
- Test your app and submit it to the Windows Phone Store
About The Authors:
Andrew Whitechapel is a senior program manager for the Windows Phone Application Platform team, performing scoping and design for the application platform (both native and managed). He has written several books, including Windows Phone 7 Development Internals.
Sean McKenna is a Senior Program Manager on the Windows Phone Developer Platform team. He has been responsible for a number of key features, including local database support and app-to-app communication.
ISBN: 9789351192251 | Authors: Andrew Whitechapel, Sean McKenna | Pages: 1044 | Price: 899
- The only CMIS book endorsed by OASIS
- Complete coverage of the CMIS 1.0 and 1.1 specifications
- Cookbook-style tutorials and real-world examples
About the Authors:
Florian Müller, Jay Brown, and Jeff Potts are among the original authors, contributors, and leaders of Apache Chemistry and the OASIS CMIS specification. They continue to shape CMIS implementations at Alfresco, IBM, and SAP.
ISBN : 9789351192053 | Authors: Muller, Brown, Potts | Pages: 480 | Price: 699
In this book, you learn about:
- Procedural programming, top-down design and its drawbacks, OOP and its advantages, and Grady Booch methodology
- Object, class, encapsulation or information hiding, abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism, message communication, reuse of code, coupling, cohesion, sufficiency, completeness, primitiveness, and metaclass
- Evolution of Java, history of Java, how Java differs from other languages, features of Java language, installing and implementing Java, Java Virtual Machine (JVM), and bytecode
- Development of a simple Java program, identifiers, keywords, literals, constants, separators, variables, data types, operators, expressions, and branching and looping statements
- Class, object, method, modifier, constructor, destructor, iterator, method overloading, inheritance, method overriding, final class, and abstract class and abstract method
- Implementation of association, aggregation, and composition relationships Arrays, strings, and vectors
- Interfaces, how to declare and implement interfaces in classes, variables in interfaces, how to extend an interface, and how an interface is different from an abstract class
- Threads, how to instantiate and start a thread, how to start and run multiple threads, different states of a thread, and how to implement the thread synchronization mechanism and thread interaction
- Grouping of classes for deployment and reuse, built-in packages, the java.lang package, wrapper classes, the java.util package, and creating and using user-defined packages
- Exception handling, try and catch blocks, finally block, handling multiple exceptions, types of exceptions, built-in exceptions, and user-defined exceptions
- Abstract Window Toolkit (AWT), AWT frames, applets, their life cycle, how to create applets, and how to use the Graphics and Color classes
About the Authors:
Radha Shankarmani is currently working as Associate Professor at the Department of Information Technology, Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai,India. She is also pursuing her Doctorate from JNTU, Hyderabad. Prof. Shankarmani holds a Masters degree in Computer Science and Engineering from NIT, Trichy and a Bachelors degree from PSG College of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Her areas of interest include Software Engineering, Software Testing, Software Architecture, Databases, Data Warehousing and Mining, Computer Simulation and Modeling, Management Information System and SOA.Having more than 16 years of teaching experience and 4 years of industry experience, she has held designations, such as Programmer, Software Engineer and Manager. She did her sabbatical for two months in Infosys, Pune in 2005 and has co-authored two books “Middleware and Enterprise Integration Technologies” and “Game Architecture and Programming” for Wiley India. She has published papers in several national and international conferences and journals.
Swati Ringe is currently working as Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Engineering, Fr.Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering, Mumbai, India. She has done her Masters degree in Computer Engineering from T.S.E.C. Bandra, Mumbai and Bachelors degree from Govt. College of Engineering, Aurangabad. She has also worked in software development as Intranet Head and project leader in software development companies. She has 13 years of teaching experience. Her areas of interest include Web Technologies, Internet and Computer Networks, Service Oriented Architecture, Middleware Technologies and Enterprise Application Integration, Theory of Computer Science, Object Oriented Programming, and Distributed Computing. She has published papers in several national and international conferences and journals.
The proficient teams at Kogent Learning Solutions Inc. and Dreamtech Press have seized the market of engineering textbooks, bringing excellent content in engineering and technical education to the fore. These teams are committed to providing excellence in the quality of content by judiciously analyzing the needs of their readers and ensuring dedication of their authors and editors in catering to these needs.
ISBN: 9789351191490, Pages: 456, Price: 399, Authors: Radha Shankarmani, Swati Ringe, and KLSI
About the Book:
This book introduces the Java programming language and explains how to create Java applications and applets. It also discusses various Java programming concepts, such as Object Oriented Programming (OOP), interface, inheritance, collections, multithreading programming, and applets. Moreover, the book also helps you to learn how to use the super and final keywords in Java. You also learn the procedure to override a method and define abstract classes with the help of this book.
In this book, you learn about:
- Fundamental Concepts of Object-Oriented Programming: Covers principles of object-oriented programming, classes, objects, messages, abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, and object-oriented containers
- Fundamentals of Java Programming: Describes the features of Java, JDK environment and tools, structure of Java program, keywords, data types, variables, operators, decision-making statements, type casting, and expressions
- Classes and Objects: Explains how to create classes and objects, allocate memory for objects, pass parameters to methods, overload methods, create constructors, use the finalize() method, and create arrays
About the Author:
The proficient team at Kogent Learning Solutions Inc. and Dreamtech Press has seized the market of management books bringing excellent content in management education to the fore. The team is committed to excellence—excellence in quality of content; excellence in the dedication of its authors and editors; excellence in the attention to detail; and excellence in understanding the needs of their readers.
ISBN: 9789351191841, Pages: 264, Price: Rs. 349, Author: Kogent Learning Solutions Inc.
Dreamtech Press proudly announces the release of its new book – “Comdex Multimedia and Web Design Course Kit” published by Dreamtech Press is a series which help its readers to swiftly shift to new technologies in a short span of time in an easy to go way, hence our this series has always been highly anticipated by its readers.
About the Author:
Vikas Gupta is a publisher, an internationally acclaimed author, cofounder of a software company offering ITenabled services, and a prolific speaker on computer learning and epublishing. He has coauthored several books for American publishing giants, such as Wiley, McGraw Hill, and IDG. His earlier books in the same series have broken all records of popularity, selling
ISBN: 9789351190844, Pages: 512, Price: Rs. 379/-, Author: Vikas Gupta.